History
Since 1885

In July 1883 Thomas Wynn applied for a licence to operate a hotel adjacent to the proposed railway station in Glen Innes.

The licence was granted, and the hotel was opened in March 1885 a few weeks before the first passenger train on the Great Northern Rail Line arrived in town.

The hotel served as the entry to town for thousands of rail travellers until the line was closed almost 100 years later in 1984.

Thomas and Mary Wynn sold the hotel to S.J Carberry in 1904 after which it was operated by another 13 licencees and proprietors.

The current proprietors - Frank, Toni and Nathan Sanderson - purchased the establishment in April 1999, with Nathan as the sixteenth licencee.

Thomas and Mary Wynn sold the hotel to S.J Carberry in 1904 after which it was operated by another 13 licencees and proprietors.

The current proprietors - Frank, Toni and Nathan Sanderson - purchased the establishment in April 1999, with Nathan as the sixteenth licencee.

today
1912